We are seeking college and university partners to participate in the RISC Survey (four-year) pilot study. The survey will be administered at no cost for a small group of institutions selected for the pilot study. Applications are due by February 1, 2018; the survey will be administered in March and April 2018.
Description of the partnership
RISC staff is responsible for administering the survey and analyzing your college’s data. RISC staff will work closely with pilot colleges throughout the entire survey administration. Colleges will provide a student data file needed to implement the survey, as well as to validate the survey and explore survey nonresponse.
The survey and student data will be confidential; we will not share these data with anyone, nor will we publish any numbers associated with your college by name.
Participating colleges will receive a custom report that highlights areas where they can take action to improve student success. To provide context, the report includes comparisons to other colleges participating in the pilot.
Pilot study schedule
- Submit completed application by February 1 (see below).
- Determine your method of administration: Unique URL for every student, college-wide URL, or in class. See our survey administration method page for more information.
- Sign service agreement.
- Begin planning promotional materials (e.g., pre-notification, social media, flyers, incentives).
Early spring 2018: Survey preparations
- Customize your survey
- Provide RISC team the five office names you want included on the survey
- Provide student population data file to RISC Survey staff
- Finalize promotional strategy
- Draft pre-notification email from college president
- Work with college IT professionals to have our domain name whitelisted
March/April 2018: Notification and data collection
- College sends survey pre-notification email from your college president
- Survey administration opens
- RISC staff send invitation to students and subsequent reminder messages to nonrespondents
Summer 2018: Data and reports
- RISC staff deliver custom college report and raw survey data file